In addition to previous, still open, job opening for Assistant to Designer (Dubai), a new position has opened in Doha:
Position: Sample room production supervisor
Location: Doha (Qatar)
Type of establishment: Sampling studio for multiple designers
Start: Within 1-2 months.
Salary: depends on experience
Those without a Fashion Design degree will not be considered.
Thorough knowledge is required.
Must be present in UAE for a test.
– graduate in Fashion Design
– supervisory experience in a similar environment
– able to work with a sketch and guide the workers through to realization of sample garment
– overall experience and knowledge in all areas of production
– knowledge of technical production matters
– knowledge of pattern drafting (to pattern draft and to be able to overlook and guide the pattern maker)
– knowledge of sewing finishes (to be able to overlook and guide the sewers, as well as suggest best ways of finishing)
– understand textiles
– know how to run the industrial sewing machines
– assist designer in all areas of samples production for the designer as well as other clients
– overlook samples during development, changes and overlook quality
– in charge to make sure samples are developed as planned and discussed with designers, and on time
– keep track of inventory and stock (fabrics, samples, notions, etc.)
– liaise with suppliers and buyers
– point of contact for the sampling studio
– other tasks as deemed necessary by the designer/owner and required for production
Email CV to: